Good afternoon Mesa Vista Consolidated Parents and community members,
At 1:00 today, the Governor held a press conference about COVID-19 and the increasing number of positive cases across the state. The COVID 11-13-2020.jpg presentation slide includes: "Beginning Monday, for two weeks, New Mexico will re-enact the most heightened level of statewide public health restrictions." The second slide COVID 11-13-2020 resources.jpg is a listing of key statewide resources. Attached is the new Health Order. Governor's Health Order 11-13-2020.pdf Here is a summary of what the Governor said:
• Essential business reduced to the greatest extent possible.
• Non-essential businesses reduced in-person by 100%.
• The order, she said, instructs New Mexicans to stay home except for essential outings through the end of the month (Nov. 30).
• The new order will allow businesses classified as essential — such as grocery stores, child care centers and pharmacies — to remain open.
• Big-box retailers will be limited to 25% or 75 customers, whichever is smaller. They must close at 10 p.m. each night.
• Restaurants may offer curbside pickup and delivery, but on-site dining will be prohibited.
• The order essentially reimposes many of the business closures that were enacted shortly after the pandemic hit in March, but were later relaxed.
What does this mean for the Mesa Vista Consolidated Schools?
• Beginning Monday, November 16, MVCSD will be 100% remote; all students will be learning from home for the next two weeks.
• Only selected staff will be present on MVCSD campuses.
• We will continue to provide meals daily
• We believe this is the safest approach for our students and staff.